Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekly results (week 3)

The WW website seems to really want me to keep Sunday as my weigh days, so I guess I will do that.  So far I am down 5.8 lbs and have lost one of my points.  That's ok, I have plenty of points anyhow.  This did prompt me to look up the point range, though, so at least I now know the minimum points is 29 (plus the 49 weekly points).  Not too bad, I guess, although I'm sure it will be a challenge when I'm down to 29 (assuming I'm ever down to 29)! 

The maximum daily points is 71!!!!  This made me feel better about my current "huge" number of points.  You must have to be a large breastfeeding teenaged boy to get 71 pts!

My quest for snacks continues.  This week I tried out the fat-free cool whip and really like that in the evenings with fresh berries.  I also found Wheat Thins "Fiber Selects" vegetable crackers (15 crackers for 3 pts) and Kale Chips.  I will try to make some of my own Kale Chips, maybe next week or the week after, because they are expensive at Whole Foods.  1/2 a bag is 3 pts, though.  Check individual bags because different flavors are more.  I had Kool Ranch.

My biggest challenge right now is having time to eat breakfast every day.  I am not hungry when I first get up in the morning, but I don't always have time to "wake up" and then eat.  I like having 2 scrambled eggs with salsa (4 pts) for breakfast, but that's not really portable.  I can do 1 egg in a pita half with salsa for 4 pts also, but I have to remember to MAKE and TAKE it.  I'm sure I'll get better at this as time goes on.

I ate out last night and actually had points to spare afterwards.  Drinking water with the meal helped, as did having a salad ahead of time, but what really kept the points down was an entree of fish.  I guess a LOT on points, counting points for breadcrumbs on the fish, blue cheese on the salad, the salad dressing, glazed pecans, and olive oil for cooking. Still, it wasn't a bad total.  I was pleased with myself.  Then of course I "ruined" it by coming home and eating a leftover slice of my kids' pizza, but I did count those points as well.  And I had them, so it wasn't the end of the world.  I just didn't get a skinny cow ice cream sandwich last night. :)

I actually have not cooked yet this week as Monday just didn't happen and I have a TON of leftover Santa Fe chicken.  I still have lasagna rolls, too.  I've been eating it for lunch but I feel like it's going to take forever to eat it.  I'll try the chicken parm on Thursday night, though, and the pasta on Friday and then move the drumsticks to Saturday night.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. A good take and go breakfast for me lately has been a hard boiled egg, string cheese and a banana. It's easy to eat in the car. Impressed by your out to eat experience I have been having a hard time with that. We are eating out a lot and I have a hard time making good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion, and my kids LOVE boiled eggs. I should make some for those mornings when I'm rushing out the door!

    ReplyDelete