Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week 5 results and back on track (week 5)

Well, it is really hard to stay within your point limits when eating at theme parks, let me tell you.  I probably would have been ok if not for the massive feast of bbq my mother-in-law ordered Saturday night along with the wine I drank.  However, this is really the first week I've gone over my points for the week, and considering what I COULD have consumed on this trip it wasn't TOO bad.  The result, though, was that I gained about .8 lbs this week, so my total loss is back to 6.8.  I expect this week to be much better.

Today I realized I still have a ton of crock pot santa fe chicken in my fridge, which I'll be throwing out since I'm sure it's no longer good.  Mental note if I make that again--it makes a HUGE amount and wasn't a hit as leftovers.

This week I'm kind of winging it and making the food I didn't make in previous weeks.  Monday night, time got away from us, so I ended up eating a Lean Cuisine type meal for dinner and The Big Geek had leftovers (little geeks ate mac and cheese earlier).  Last night I FINALLY made the Asian Glazed Drumsticks.  Holy cow, they are delicious, and 5 pts for 2 drumsticks.  I used brown sugar instead of agave nectar since I don't own agave nectar, and I put in 2 tbsp of Srirachi, and man, it was delicious.  I did make the sauce without Srirachi, then remove 2 drumsticks once they were cooked and add the hot sauce then.  That way the little geeks wouldn't complain of spiciness--but really, I didn't think it was spicy at all.  I'd add more next time.  Now I want to try Srirachi on EVERYTHING. :)  I made some sugar snap peas and put leftover glaze on it.  I could eat the glaze with a spoon.  And may have. . .

Tonight I've got chicken matzo ball soup on the stove.  I love matzo ball soup, and when I calculated the points on WW it's only 6 per serving.  Tomorrow is pulled pork sandwiches using a pork tenderloin.  I'll try to calculate points, but it's basically a pork tenderloin, onion, and bbq sauce in the slow cooker.  I bought some sandwich thins to eat it on, and I plan to throw together some cole slaw mix and salsa (thanks to a friend for the zero-point side) to have with it.  We'll have leftovers Saturday and pasta on Sunday--I'll eat my sauce on spaghetti squash to cut down on points.

Someone asked if I have a "reward" for reaching my first goal of 15 lbs.  I hadn't really thought about it.  Maybe I'll take myself to a movie or something, as there isn't really anything I want that's for me right now.  Well, I'd love a new pair of jeans but it seems dumb to buy them if I'm going to keep losing weight.  However, if my current jeans are falling off at 15 lbs I'll buy myself a pair.  So, there--my "reward" for losing 15 lbs is a new pair of jeans.

By the way, I have smaller jeans in my closet, but I don't think losing 15 lbs is going to get me into them.  They are from after my daughter but before my son, when I'd actually managed to lose all the baby weight plus 20 lbs.  After my son, I lost most of the baby weight but then re-gained 20 lbs.  And I was hoping it would go the same way again.  Oh, well.  The point is that between the expanded hips, baby pooch, and extra weight gain, it's going to take more than 15 lbs to get me into those jeans.  But maybe I'll try it then just for fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment