Monday, February 14, 2011

A new experiment.

I've been overweight since high school.  Somewhere between 9th grade and 12th grade, despite being very active, I gained about 40 lbs.  College added to that, as did my 2nd pregnancy and the first year of my son's life.

I've done many diets in the past.  I've done slim fast.  I once lost 40 lbs with Jenny Craig, which oddly enough is when I really started cooking thanks to Jenny's cookbooks.  I've done weight watchers before with little success.  So what is different this time?

First, I like that pretty much all fruits and veggies are "free" in the new points plus plan.  That is something I can get behind.  Second, I am now the heaviest I have ever been when not pregnant and for the first time I really "feel" my weight in terms of my activity level, confidence, and energy.  Third, I have kids and I'd like to be around to see my grandchildren and even great-grandchildren.

This blog is changing.  It will still feature recipes and my experiences with them, but I am also going to focus on menu planning and cooking food that is both delicious and good for you.  Like me, it's a work in progress, but I encourage you to join me.  Maybe you don't need to lose weight, maybe you do, but we all have to eat, and I hope that you, like me, can learn to enjoy cooking food that nourishes both your body and your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment