Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 7 Menu/Shopping List/Recipe Review

I haven't made everything from this week yet, but I can say that I loved the Chicken Divan.  Since TBG doesn't like broccoli, I don't know when I'll have it again, and since it's mostly broccoli even though the portions are large I wouldn't exactly call it filling, but it is DELICIOUS.  Just try to plan some bread or a carb in with the meal in your points if you make it.  So cheesy and garlicky!  MMM!

I just knew all the geeks would LOVE the croquettes.  Well, the little geeks didn't eat it at all, and I don't know that TBG and I LOVED them.  They were ok.  Kind of bland.  Def. in need of a dipping sauce, which of course adds points.  The serving size, though, is very good--3 croquettes (plenty) for 6 pts.  I'm not sure how that is possible given the amount of potato, but I trust the calculator.

I still need to make the rice ball casserole (tonight?) and the enchiladas (tomorrow?).  I will likely toss together both tonight and save one for Monday--I hear the casserole freezes well.  This week is a busy week, with both TBG and me out 2 of the evenings, and the usual Wednesday frenzy.


Monday:  Casserole from last week
T:  Quick and Easy Turkey Burgers (5 pts without bun if you make 5 burgers with 1 1/4 lbs 93% turkey) and Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes (4 pts)
W: Leftovers, or I go to the Jack in the Box by the little geek's ballet class and get a chicken fajita pita for me (8 pts)
Th:  Grilled flank steak (8 pts prepared without butter)
F: Casablanca Chicken (6 pts without noodles or rice)
Sa: Turkey Jambalaya (6 pts per cup)
Su: Peruvian roast chicken  (points vary depending on which part of the chicken you eat--between 3.5 and 6.5)

I'm also going to try Gina's Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing, because it sounds yummy.  Safeway is having a sale on the little watermelons this weekend, so I plan to grab several of those, too!

Shopping list:
Pantry
Produce:  1 lb sweet potatoes, 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, green onions, 2 limes, fresh cilantro, 2-3 jalepenos, onions, garlic, 1 tomatillo, 1 large eggplant, 3/4 lb plum tomatoes, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 red onion
Cumin, garlic powder, salt,ground red pepper, olive oil, cooking spray, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, teriyaki sauce, dry mustard, salt, paprika, oregano, white vinegar, peanut butter, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, tumeric
Meat:  1 ½ lbs flank steak, Turkey breast (2 cups shredded when cooked), Andouille sausage (6 oz), ground turkey (1.25 lbs), 1 whole chicken, 8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs (bone in ok)

Aisles: diced tomatoes, long-grain rice, chicken broth, light mayo, 1 can chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, raisins

Dairy: Fat-free sour cream, plain greek yogurt, lowfat buttermilk

Other:  bourbon/whiskey, beer

No comments:

Post a Comment