Saturday, May 30, 2009

Roasted Broccoli

I've been roasting lots of veggies lately--mainly squash--but got this suggestion from my BFF. Let me just say that The Big Geek hates broccoli. He thinks it smells bad, and it's highly unlikely that he's going to eat any of this. However, I have sampled it and think it tastes awesome and will go wonderfully with the chicken that's finishing roasting right now.

Here's what you do:

preheat the oven to 500 with a baking sheet inside

chop two heads of broccoli and place in bowl

drizzle with Extra-virgin Olive Oil

Sprinkle with salt (kosher or sea salt is good) and pepper

Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp sugar (I know, I know, but trust me)

Toss to coat.

When the oven heats up, take out the cookie sheet, spread the broccoli on it, and roast for 9-11 minutes.

Enjoy!

Edit: The Big Geek at exactly one (very small) floret, at my prodding. He said it was less bad than broccoli usually tastes. I'm going to keep making it, and he can eat one floret while the little geek and I gobble it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment