Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting

I used this recently to frost some cupcakes I took to a barbecue (well, technically a cook out) at a friend's house. It was a nice change from the usual chocolate buttercream I make. I found the recipe on Bakerella's blog.

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp.
8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temp (I used 1/3 less fat, and it worked fine)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 lb confectioners sugar (I just add it until it tastes right)
1 tsp vanilla
1-3 Tbsp milk

Cream butter and cream cheese iwth a mixer.
Add cocoa and vanilla and mix.
Add confectioner's sugar in small batches and blend on low until combined. Scrape down sides with each addition.
Add 1 Tbsp of milk at a time until you get the consistency you desire.

(I generally put in some sugar, mix, put in some milk, mix, and repeat until it tastes the way I want and is the consistency I want.)

This was GOOOOOD. I put it on top of Devil's Food cupcakes (from a box).

Other than these 4 recipes, I have no clue what we've eaten recently. Lots of hot dogs, it feels like. The Big Geek went out of town for a time, so the little geek and I probably just ate sandwiches or pasta or something. Oh, and we ordered a pizza one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment