Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School Week--and back to points!

Next week I'm counting points for the first time since . . . probably since we started our remodel.  It's also the little geek's first week of Kindergarten, and we have lots of other things going on as always.  For that reason, all of this week's dinners are super easy and may not really be that low-point, but I'll compensate by being reasonable during the day and using my weekly points.

I also have a really organized, easy to use pantry now, which means I've discovered lots of stuff in there I need to use.  For some reason, I owned a lot of lasagna noodles.  I'm trying to find a lower-point use for them this week.  I made one low-point recipe, but The Big Geek rejected it (and honestly, it was not tasty).

Monday:  Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  4 pts for filling, then add pts for bread/buns/cole slaw as needed.  Spray with cooking spray, chop an onion, and throw in a pork tenderloin.  Cover it with a bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce (check individual point values).
Tuesday:  Chicken with Orzo and Dill.  9 pts for a big serving.
Wednesday: Big Geek is out, so we eat leftovers.
Thursday:  Stovetop Lasagna.  11-ish.  I'm working on making up this recipe so I'll post results and the actual recipe if it works out.  I am going to try to decrease the points, maybe by cutting down on the ground turkey or something.  We'll see how it goes.  I want to use up all the broken lasagna pieces!
Friday:  Out at an event.
Saturday: Out, friend's birthday dinner
Sunday:  Big Geek is firing up the smoker.

Obviously, even with a kitchen this week has challenges, but I think that counting points will make me be more mindful of what I eat during the day and help me lose weight even with all the challenges.  I am really looking forward to getting into a routine and making healthier meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment