Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peanut Butter and Chopped Bunny Cookies

There is too much Easter candy in my house right now. Someone in our playgroup mentioned chopping it up and throwing it into cookies or brownies. So tonight, when the little geek said she wanted to make cookies, we ended up with Peanut Butter and Chopped Bunny.

2 cups peanut butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
one Easter bunny, chopped (the chocolate kind)

I should pause here to say that you need to look closely at your Easter candy. Some bunnies are chocolate. Some are chocolate "flavored." Just throw the chocolate "flavored" ones out. I'm sure Grandma meant well when she bought it, and she probably didn't see the word "flavored" since they put it in tiny print with "Genuine Milk Chocolate" in giant print preceding it (because no one would purposely buy a chocolate-impersonating bunny), but chocolate "flavored" bunnies would not lend themselves to this recipe (or to eating, in my opinion). Only real chocolate will do here.

Mix the peanut butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in the chopped bunny. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet (little geeks are good at this). Then take a fork and mash the balls, making a criss-cross pattern on the top (little geeks are also good at this). Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Mine cooked for 18 minutes, but I also have those "air cushioned" cookie sheets, and they sometimes take longer.

Let cool for 5-10 minutes on sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.

Makes about 3 dozen.

These cookies are VERY sweet. I might try to cut down on the sugar the next time I make them, but I worry about that seeing as they're just peanut butter, sugar, and egg, and I don't want them to fall apart.

(If you have a good peanut butter cookie recipe, or even a mix, you could use that and just throw in the chopped bunny.)

It's just fun to say "chopped bunny."

I am sick.

Next I'm going to try to figure out how to use up jelly beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment