Monday, May 23, 2011

Keep on moving in this direction, scale!

Last week I lost 2.8 lbs for a total of 17.4.  I did not track my points closely, just tried eating my planned meals as much as possible and not going crazy.  There was one insane day where I didn't manage to eat until dinner, and I was starving (I may have had breakfast, I can't remember, but if so it was 4 pts).  I had time to eat around 4 but by then I didn't want to wreck dinner so just waited.

At any rate I can't keep doing stuff like that, even though it seems to work in terms of weight loss.  Sometimes things with 2 kids just get so crazy and I have so much to do with the remodel that I just don't get a chance to sit down and eat.  Of course, usually later on I'm starving and eat everything in sight, so it's not something I want to let happen very often.  That night, because people were coming for dinner, I managed to be mostly reasonable and not feel guilty about having dessert.

Also:  I wore a pair of pants I haven't worn since my son was born!  They were tight and a good 2 inches of granny panty undies sticks up all around them, but I got them on!  They are just one size smaller than the jeans I bought right before starting this diet, but those jeans have never fit quite right anyhow and now they kind of fall off.  I had 2 pairs of jeans that fit really well but apparently they are old and developed holes in unfixable places, so I was kind of stuck.  Then I remembered the pre-son jeans and decided to try them.  I'm glad I did, because I really did not want to buy new jeans.  Now, when I get into my post-daughter, pre-miscarriage jeans I'll be REALLY excited, because those were the smallest jeans I'd worn in a while.  Heck, I'll just be excited when I can breathe in the pre-son jeans. :)

So, this week is going to be insane.  My kitchen is being torn out either Tuesday or Wednesday (things keep getting pushed back, but I hear this is normal, and there's no point in tearing out the kitchen if the electrician can't be here until Thursday).  I will plan to cook tonight and (if possible) Tuesday just to stock up on leftovers.  I need to look up points on my grilling recipes since we'll be relying on the grill and crock pot a lot for the next 2 months or so.  I'm sure we'll also eat out more than we should, which will make this tricky. 

My favorite thing from last week--well, it's a tie, actually.  I loved the brussels sprouts (although I burned them), the carne bistec, and Curried Quinoa with Chicken and Peas that I ended up making instead of the chicken roll-up things I'd planned and will now eat tonight.

So, my menu for the week will depend on whether the kitchen tear-out is tomorrow or Wednesday (I hope Wednesday).  My thoughts are chicken rollatini, depends on kitchen, pulled pork (must calculate points), flank steak, and more grilled stuff (how's that for specific?).  I'm off to browse Gina's recipes for crock pot/grilling ideas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment