Monday, April 4, 2011

WooHOO! Finally hit 10 lbs.

I've now lost 11.2 lbs officially, go me.  My "average" loss is 1.4 lbs per week, and while I realize this is in the "healthy" range, I do wish it was higher.  This is going to be a VERY long process for me as I have a lot of weight to lose, and at this rate it is going to take forever to lose it all.  Ok, maybe not forever, but well over a year.  I suppose I can live with that, although my 20-year high school reunion will be in 2012.  I'm not really doing this for the reunion, but if I'm going to do it I'd like to at least weigh what I weighed when I graduated from high school (still more than I should) for the reunion.  Although, let's be honest, I could lose ALL the weight I need to lose and still not look as good as I did at 17. :)

Yeah, I need to pick up the pace a bit.  I definitely lose more when we stay at home, and while we have no big trips planned any time soon, there are birthday parties and Easter, plus a renovation that will leave us with a makeshift kitchen for most of late April and May, and maybe into June.

Why am I feeling so discouraged when I lost 2 lbs this week?  2 lbs is the goal, right?  I think my brain is skeptical, because I lost 12 lbs last year and promptly gained it all back once my semester started.  It's not as if I've never lost 12 lbs before.  I've lost way more than that before, and have always gained it back plus some.  I guess I'm realizing that I will probably be counting points my ENTIRE LIFE.  And that is not a melodramatic statement--I probably WILL be counting points my entire life.  I should accept that and move on.

In the spirit of moving on, Gina's Sicillian Rice Ball Casserole is AWESOME and you should make it.  I've shifted the enchiladas to tonight since the kids and I will eat before the sitter gets here (super fun mom's night planned at a trampoline place!!).  The Big Geek is going to make baby back ribs AGAIN next Sunday.  They are delicious, but full of fat.  At least he never plans sides so I can just make those vegetables to balance it out.  And I generally have lots of weekly points left on Sunday, but still.  I wish I wasn't eating baby back ribs for dinner the night before I weigh in.  Although that probably doesn't matter, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment