Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jalapeno Cheese Corn Muffins

I recently had some jalapeno cheese corn muffins at California Cafe, and they were GOOD. I went online in search of the recipe, and while I didn't find it, I did find these.

They aren't quite as good as the ones at CA Cafe, but they were tasty. The Big Geek didn't like all the "stuff" in them and said he'd rather just have plain cornbread. I think he's crazy and these are delicious. They aren't hot, so even the little geeks enjoyed them.

Ingerdients:

1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh corn, scraped from the cob, OR 1 cup creamed corn (I used creamed corn)
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup minced onion
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz diced Jalapeno (remove seeds/membrane unless you want it hot) OR 1/4 cup minced canned Jalapeno chiles (I used fresh)

Preheat oven to 425 and grease 12 large muffin cups

Stir together cornmeal through salt. Add corn, buttermilk, onion, and butter. Mix thoroughly until mixture is moist and creamy (it kind of puffs up).

Combine cheese and chiles and mix into batter.

Pour into 12 prepared muffin cups and bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment